Home Cognac-world Contact
News About the cognac Cooking Cognac crafts The shops online Forum Newsletter
Search :
The news

500,000 hectoliters of pure alcohol in Cognac in 2004
3 mai 2005
Winegrowers in the Cognac area delivered 500,000 hectoliters of pure alcohol to merchants in 2004-2005. The amount normally produced (QNV) for next season is thus fixed at 8.3 hl of pure alcohol per hectare.

Rémy Cointreau logistics
3 mai 2005
Rémy cointreau has inaugurated a 18,000 m² logistics facility in Angerswhere it will consolidate its shipments (95% in exports), some 50 million bottles and 5 million cases. Until now the logistics were based at 3 centers in Angers, Cognac and Reims. The facility was designed by Logidis (Mory group) which will also be in charge of operations.

Counter-bids for Allied Domecq
3 mai 2005
There may well be two counter offers for Allied Domecq (for which Pernod-Ricard has made a friendly bid) : one from Constellation Brands with two allies, the other from Bacardi with Diaego.

Elections at the winegrowers’ union
3 mai 2005
The winegrowers’ union (SGV) elected 220 delegates on 2 May. One third of the committee must be renewed by the end of May.

Martell visits
3 mai 2005
Lionel Breton, CEO of the Martell cognac house, is to inaugurate the new visitors’ circuit on 18 May.

Printemps des liqueurs on 21 May
3 mai 2005
To mark the operation called "Printemps des liqueurs" (liqueurs in springtime) the cognac houses Louis Royer (Jarnac), Grand-Marnier (Bourg-Charente) and Merlet (Chérac are organizing open days on 21 May.

Maison des Maines : halt on wine harvest
27 avril 2005
The cooperative La Maison des Maines (200 members) has announced that 25% of the next harvest will be bottled, as a result of disappointing sales in 2004 (with a target of 340,000 bottles, 120,000 were sold). The remaining 75% would be used in less profitable outlets.

Cognac shipments in March 2005
27 avril 2005
Shipments of cognac rose by 3.6% in March (compared to March 2004 and by 16% compared to March 2003). From March 2004 to March 2005, total outgoings of cognac were the equivalent of 157 million bottles.

Increased sales for Rémy-Martin
27 avril 2005
Rémy-Cointreau has reported that turnover for the 2004-2005 tax year to 31 March has risen by 5.1% to 905.1 million euros. Turnover of Rémy-Martin cognac (sales up by +6%) is 318.7 million. In addition, Rémy-Cointreau has had a logistics facility near Angers since February.

Allied Domecq says yes to Pernod-Ricard
27 avril 2005
Allied Domecq (Courvoisier), the world’s second largest spirits company, has accepted the takeover offer from Pernod-Ricard (Martell and Bisquit), the third largest company, in association with Fortune Brands (which will pick up Courvoisier) for a price close to 10.8 billion euros.

1 - 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 - 50 - 60 - 70 - 80 - 90 - 100 - 110 - 120 - 130 - 140 - 150 - 160 - 170 - 180 - 190 - 200 - 210 - 220 - 230 - 240 - 250 - 260 - 270 - 280 - 290 - 300 - 310 - 320 - 330 - 340 - 350 - 360 - 370 - 380 - 390 - 400 - 410 - 420 - 430 - 440 - 450 - 460 - 470 - 480 - 490 - 500 - 510 - 520 - 530 - 540 - 550 - 560 - 570 - 580 - 590 - 600 - 610 - 620 - 630 - 640 - 650 - 660 - 670 - 680 - 690 - 700 - 710 - 720 - 730 - 740 - 750 - 760 - 770 - 780 - 790 - 800 - 810 - 820 - 830 - 840 - 850 - 860 - 870 - 880 - 890 - 900 - 910 - 920 - 930 - 940 - 950 - 960 - 970 - 980 - 990 - 1000 - 1010 - 1020 - 1030 - 1040 - 1050 - 1060 - 1070 - 1080 - 1090 - 1100 - 1110 - 1120 - 1130 - 1140 - 1150 - 1160 - 1170 - 1180 - 1190 - 1200 - 1210 - 1220 - 1230 - 1240 - 1250 - 1260 - 1270 - 1280 - 1290 - 1300 - 1310 - 1320 - 1330 - 1340 - 1350 - 1360 - 1370 - 1380 - 1390 - 1400 - 1410 - 1420 - 1430 - 1440 - 1450 - 1460 - 1470 - 1480 - 1490 - 1500 - 1510 - 1520 - 1530 - 1540 - 1550 - 1560 - 1570 - 1580 - 1590 - 1600 - 1610 - 1620 - 1630 - 1640 - 1650 - 1660 - 1670 - 1680 - 1690 - 1700 - 1710 - 1720 - 1730 - 1740 - 1750 - 1760 - 1770 - 1780 - 1790 - 1800 - 1810 - 1820 - 1830 - 1840 - 1850 - 1860 - 1870 - 1880 - 1890 - 1900 - 1910 - 1920 - 1930 - 1940 - 1950 - 1960 - 1970 - 1980 - 1990 - 2000 - 2010 - 2020 - 2030 - 2040 - 2050 - 2060 - 2070 - 2080 - 2090 - 2100 - 2110 - 2120 - 2130 - 2140 - 2150 - 2160 - 2170 - 2180 - 2190 - 2200 - 2210